Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Time Is Coming

1 year ago in front of the Peace Corps Headquarters in DC, and now I'm finally getting ready to go!
I have reached less than a month with only 21 days to go until I move to Africa for 2.5/3 years! I can't believe the time I have been waiting for since I was 8 years old is coming! The next few weeks will surely be spent with final preparations as well as many tearful goodbyes. As excited as I am, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit scared to leave all of my friends and family. It's not going to be easy to not have them around me.

Meanwhile, I have started collecting my education supplies to teach Biology!! It's daunting to think I will be going somewhere where I won't really be supplied with anything, but I am so blessed with a family to support me and help me collect supplies that I will need over the next 3 years (some will be shipped or brought along in a year...I definitely won't be fitting all of this in my suitcase to take with me lol)

Supplies!
Enjoying time with best friends
Word of advice given to us by current volunteers was to enjoy good liquor and beer as well as lots of quality time with close friends. I certainly have been trying to follow such advice! My best friend surprised me at my favorite happy hour after I thought he had already returned to school!
Some of my friends also put together a picture book of memories for me to take with me. I know I will be grateful for the book and thinking of the memories with my best friends when I get lonely and miss home.





No comments:

Post a Comment